This weekend, the Premier League returns and there’s no respite for teams at the top of the table, especially for Manchester City. Having faced and been defeated by Liverpool 3-1 at Anfield prior to the international break, Pep Guardiola’s men now face a tricky home game against third-placed Chelsea, who leapt above City a fortnight back following their 2-0 win over Crystal Palace, their sixth Premier League win in a row.
After suffering a 4-0 defeat at Old Trafford on the opening day of the season, Frank Lampard’s team have lost just once since (a 1-2 home defeat to Liverpool) and they come into this game as the most in form team in the Premier League in the past half dozen games. City, in contrast, have lost two of their last five matches in the Premier League and have already lost three times in 12 games already this season.
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365.
Last season, Manchester City fans were smiling as they thrashed Chelsea 6-0 at home in the Premier League, just prior to beating the Londoners in the Carabao Cup Final on penalties. If you would like to enjoy a bet on the game, and are not yet signed up with a betting site, then why not look at the current bet365 New Player Promotion available on site to see if that would help you start betting on site quickly and effectively?
Pennsylvanian citizens can also enjoy a wide range of betting activities including sports betting, poker and online casino gaming thanks to new legislation passed in the state. This has seen a number of online casino operators open up to people living in the state. Check out the latest playsugarhouse bonus code details from the link to see what the current starter deal is with one of the most respected providers in the state.
Premier League Matchday 13 Fixtures
All kick offs are Saturday at 3pm unless otherwise stated.
- West Ham v Tottenham (12.30pm)
- Arsenal v Southampton
- Brighton v Leicester City
- Bournemouth v Wolves
- Crystal Palace v Liverpool
- Everton v Norwich City
- Watford v Burnley
- Manchester City v Chelsea (5.30pm)
- Sheffield United v Man Utd (Sun 4.30pm)
- Aston Villa v Newcastle United (Mon, 8pm)
Other key games this weekend see Liverpool defend their unbeaten start to the season away to Crystal Palace, while second placed Leicester City travel to the south coast to take on Brighton who have started brightly under Graham Potter. Everton face a big relegation six-pointer with Norwich, while Watford will want to claim their second win in a row against Burnley. However, it is clear that the biggest game this weekend is the clash at the Etihad between Man City and Chelsea.
Manchester City v Chelsea Preview, Stats and Tips
Season’s EPL Form
- V West Ham United (A) – W 5-0 (Jesus, Sterling 3, Aguero)
- V Tottenham Hotspur (H) – D 2-2 (Sterling, Aguero)
- V Bournemouth (A) – W 3-1 (Aguero 2, Sterling)
- V Brighton (H) – W 4-0 (De Bruyne, Aguero 2, Silva.B)
- V Norwich City (A) – L 2-3 (Aguero, Rodri)
- V Watford (H) – W 8-0 (Silva.D, Aguero, Mahrez, Silva.B 3, Otamendi, De Bruyne)
- V Everton (A) – W 3-1 (Jesus, Mahrez, Sterling)
- V Wolves (H) – L 0-2
- V Crystal Palace (A) – W 2-0 (Jesus, Silva.D)
- V Aston Villa (H) – W 3-0 (Sterling, Silva.D, Gundogan)
- V Southampton (H) – W 2-1 (Aguero, Walker)
- V Liverpool (A) – L 1-3 (Silva.B)
Played 12, Won 8, Drawn 1, Lost 3 For 35, Against 13, Pts 25, Position – 4th
Top Scorer – Sergio Aguero (9)
Although not a poor start by any other teams’ standards, City’s first dozen games this season have seen three defeats and a draw, which has left them nine points behind Liverpool after their defeat at Anfield last time out. The title race is certainly not over yet though, but City can ill afford to fall further behind the Reds, who could be 12 points clear of them by the time City kick off against Chelsea on Saturday evening. Raheem Sterling has been their star man this season but he will be under added scrutiny following his spat with Liverpool’s Joe Gomez when away with England.
- V Manchester United (A) – L 0-4
- V Leicester City (H) – D 1-1 (Mount)
- V Norwich City (A) – W 3-2 (Abraham 2, Mount)
- V Sheff Utd (H) – D 2-2 (Abraham 2)
- V Wolves (A) – W 5-2 (Tomori, Abraham 3, Mount)
- V Liverpool (H) – L 1-2 (Kante)
- V Brighton (H) – W 2-0 (Jorginho, Willian)
- V Southampton (A) – W 4-1 (Abraham, Mount, Kante, Batshuayi)
- V Newcastle (H) – W 1-0 (Alonso)
- V Burnley (A) – W 4-2 (Pulisic 3, Willian)
- V Watford (A) – W 2-1 (Abraham, Pulisic)
- V Crystal Palace (H) – W 2-0 (Abraham, Pulisic)
Played 12, Won 8, Drawn 2, Lost 2, For 27, Against 17, Pts 26 – Position 3rd
Top Scorer – Tammy Abraham (10)
Chelsea started the season slowly and it took five games for Frank Lampard to register his first win away to Norwich in any competition, but since then, the team have generally been in good form, the two home games against Sheffield United and Liverpool apart. Chelsea have scored plenty of goals, one fewer than Liverpool and two fewer than Leicester, but they have conceded 17, four more than Man City, seven more than Liverpool and 9 more than Leicester. Can that Chelsea back line keep City’s rampant attack quiet and will Chelsea’s young guns give City’s fragile defence problems?
Man City v Chelsea – Tips
Match Result – Manchester City to win (2/5 at bet365)
Manchester City still have injury worries, particularly in defence for this game and I can see Chelsea’s youthful, pacy attack causing City problems on the counter, I just can’t see Chelsea having enough of the ball against City to hurt them in quite the same way Liverpool did at Anfield with some blistering counter attacks. As such, I do feel City will end up the winners here.
Correct Score – Manchester City 3-2 Chelsea – 18/1
I have already mentioned that I think City will win the game, but I do see a game where both teams can score goals. Defensively, Chelsea have improved a little since the start of the season, but City can score plenty of goals against any team and I think that Chelsea back line is fragile. However, I feel City’s defensive four is also very shaky and I can see Chelsea’s attackers having real joy against them. This won’t be a 6-0 rampage for City this time around, but I do feel plenty of goals will be scored, hence the 3-2 tip here.
*All odds shown were correct with bet365 Sport as of 1pm on Wednesday 20th November 2019.