It is fair to say that the last few years have been something of a procession in Formula 1. Mercedes have been by far and away the dominant team for the best part of a decade now. Their drivers, mainly Lewis Hamilton but also Nico Rosberg, have dominated the Driver’s Championship over the last five or six years and they have looked almost unbeatable in many races.
However last week, there was a few hints that this situation could be about to change. Last week in testing in Bahrain, Mercedes were not quite up to speed and had a few issues with their car that required a bit of work. It was Red Bull that looked the fastest car in practice and the feeling is that they could go on to be a real challenger to the German team this season.
With the start of the new Formula 1 season being slightly delayed, the anticipation for the new season has been greater than normal and no doubt, punters who were eager to have a bet on the outcome of the season, or wanted to enjoy a wager on the race, have had to bide their time until now. If that sounds like something you would like to do and you want to join a site that offers exceptional F1 betting throughout the year, then the place to start is with the latest bet365 New Player Bonus offer.
Bet365 Sport Open Account Offer
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365.
Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Once again, this year the Formula 1 teams will descend on the United States for the US Grand Prix in Austin Texas later in the year, but fans of the sport based in the United States can still enjoy plenty of great betting on all the races before that, and more, thanks to some of the markets available with the different sportsbooks operating across the United States. For more details on these options and in which states they are available, not to mention lots of great promotions and sports news, check out the fantastic new site bestbetusa.com.
First though, let’s take a look at how this very demanding season will pan out across the globe with a look at the different races slated for the 2021 Formula 1 Season.
Formula 1 Season Schedule
A total of 23 races will make up the 2021 Formula 1 Calendar, although they will need to be crammed into a relatively short space of time due to the delayed start to the season. The full list of races and dates are outlined below.
- Bahrain Grand Prix (26th – 28th March)
- Italian Grand Prix (Imola) (16th – 18th April)
- Portuguese Grand Prix (30th April – 2nd May)
- Spanish Grand Prix (7th – 9th May)
- Monaco Grand Prix (20th – 23rd May)
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix (4th – 6th June)
- Canadian Grand Prix (11th – 13th June)
- French Grand Prix (25th – 27th June)
- Austrian Grand Prix (2nd – 4th July)
- British Grand Prix (16th – 18th July)
- Hungarian Grand Prix (30th July – 1st August)
- Belgian Grand Prix (27th – 29th August)
- Netherlands Grand Prix (3rd – 5th September)
- Italian Grand Prix (Monza) (10th – 12th September)
- Russian Grand Prix (24th to 26th September)
- Singapore Grand Prix (1st – 3rd October)
- Japanese Grand Prix (8th – 10th October)
- United States Grand Prix (22nd – 24th October)
- Mexican Grand Prix (29th – 31st October)
- Brazilian Grand Prix (5th – 7th November)
- Australian Grand Prix (19th – 21st November)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix (3rd – 5th December)
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (10th – 12th December)
New Team Line Ups For 2021
Once again there will be ten teams competing in the constructor’s championship this season. However, a number of changes to the driver line up has seen changes at most teams and it does promise to be a very exciting season.
- Mercedes – Lewis Hamilton (GB) & Valtteri Bottas (Fin)
- Alpine – Esteban Ocon (Fra) & Fernando Alonso (Spa)
- Haas F1 Team – Mick Schumacher (Ger) & Nikita Mazepin (Rus)
- McLaren – Lando Norris (GB) & Daniel Ricciardo (Aus)
- Alfa Romeo Racing – Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) & Antonio Giovanazzi (Ita)
- Red Bull Racing – Max Verstappen (Hol) & Sergio Perez (Mex)
- Aston Martin – Lance Stroll (Can) & Sebastian Vettel (Ger)
- Ferrari – Charles Leclerc (Fra) & Carlos Sainz (Spa)
- AlphaTauri – Pierre Gasly (Fra) & Yuki Tsunoda (Jap)
- Williams – George Russell (GB) & Nicholas Latifi (Can)
F1 Season Factfile
Lewis Hamilton will be attempting to set a new record this season as he goes for a record eighth World Championship title. He currently jointly holds the record of seven titles with Michael Schumacher, the father of Haas F1 Team driver Mick Schumacher.
Mercedes have won all of the last seven Constructor’s Championships, which is a record for consecutive wins.
Nikita Mazepin and Yuki Tsunoda will be competing in their first season in F1. Fernando Alonso has returned to F1 after sitting out the last couple of years. He is a former World Champion.
Aston Martin have also returned to the sport after not being involved for a number of years.
Our Top Formula 1 Season Betting Outright Tips
- Constructors Title
For me there are only two real contenders for this and that is Mercedes (3/10) and Red Bull (5/2) and as the odds suggest, it is the German team that I think are the best equipped to come out on top of a 23-race season.
Red Bull may have a slight advantage over the two teams at the moment, but I think after a few races, Mercedes will have caught up and surpassed Red Bull once again and as such, I think that they are the smart pick. I think McLaren and Alpine are ones to watch too, but they won’t be anywhere near as consistent as the top two in my view.
Tip – Mercedes to win the Constructors Title – 3/10
- Driver’s Championship
With Lewis Hamilton as the number 1 driver at Mercedes and Valtteri Bottas very much playing second fiddle to the English driver, it looks like being a race between Hamilton and Red Bull star Max Verstappen for the title this season.
Verstappen has never won a world title, but has the pace to do so eventually. However, he faces Hamilton who is back with Mercedes and looking very likely to complete a record-setting eighth title win at the end of the season.
Tip – Lewis Hamilton to win the Driver’s Championship – 1/2
Having looked ahead to the season as a whole, now lets take a look at what are the best bets for this weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix.
Our Tips For The Bahrain GP This Weekend
Interestingly, Bet365 have Max Verstappen as the 11/8 favourite to win the Bahrain Grand Prix this weekend, which is on the back of Red Bull looking so impressive during testing last week in Bahrain. However, I think the smart bet here is on Lewis Hamilton (13/8). My bet is that you won’t get better odds on the World Champion winning a race this season than that and I think taking him at that price is a no brainer.
I think Verstappen will likely come second with perhaps either Ricciardo or Lando Norris in third.