This weekend in the Bundesliga, Bayer Leverkusen have the chance to do something very rare, complete a league double over the runaway league leaders and potential Champions elect, Bayern Munich. Having beaten Munich 2-1 away from home back in November, thanks to two goals from winger Leon Bailey, Leverkusen now face Bayern in the home fixture and there is more at stake than just bragging rights.
A win for Bayer Leverkusen would be a huge boost in their quest to claim a Champions League spot for next season as they currently lie 5th in the Bundesliga table, one place outside the qualification spots. However, in contrast, a win for Bayern Munich would leave them just two wins short (with four games left to play) of claiming their eighth Bundesliga title in a row and would also deal a blow to Leverkusen’s Champions League dreams.
As always, when two big teams meet in one of the top leagues in the world today, it is big news for punters and there will be plenty of bets being placed on the outcome of Saturday afternoons match.
If you are one of those punters that would love a bet on the game then check out the current bet365 Sport New Customer Bonus available on the site. As a new customer you can benefit from this offer, as well as gain access to the full suite of bet365 sites from a single log in. In addition, you can also enjoy In Play betting, as well as Live Streaming of lots of sports events each week (provided you have made a bet in the preceding 24 hours, or have a credit balance in your account).
If you are based elsewhere, such as the United States, then there are some alternatives available to you. In Indiana, the latest BetRivers Affiliate Code “HOOSIERBONUS” is a good way to sign up at BetRivers in the state to give yourself some fantastic sports betting opportunities. Similarly, in Iowa, Colorado and West Virginia, the DraftKings Online Sportsbook is another fine option. Lastly, in Pennsylvania, follow the playsugarhouse promo code link for more details about another great sports book and offer in this state.
Let’s now take a look at how Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich have fared in the last few times that they have played each other over the last five years or so.
Bayer Leverkusen v Bayern Munich – Last 10 Matches
- Nov 2019 – Bayern Munich 1-2 Bayer Leverkusen
- Feb 2019 – Bayer Leverkusen 3-1 Bayern Munich
- Sept 2018 – Bayern Munich 3-1 Bayer Leverkusen
- Apr 2018 – Bayer Leverkusen 2-6 Bayern Munich (DFB Pokal Semi Final)
- Jan 2018 – Bayer Leverkusen 1-3 Bayern Munich
- Aug 2017 – Bayern Munich 3-1 Bayer Leverkusen
- April 2017 – Bayer Leverkusen 0-0 Bayern Munich
- Nov 2016 – Bayern Munich 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen
- Feb 2016 – Bayer Leverkusen 0-0 Bayern Munich
- Aug 2015 – Bayern Munich 3-0 Bayer Leverkusen
The record sees Bayern recording six wins, two games ending in draws, with Bayer Leverkusen recording just two wins in that period. However there are some interesting things to note when we are compiling tips for these games.
- When the teams have drawn, it has been by a 0-0 scoreline on both occasions and both matches took place at the Bay Arena, home of Leverkusen.
- Bayern may have won six in total, but Bayer Leverkusen have won both the last two matches between the teams, once at home and most recently on the road in Munich.
- Both teams have scored in all of the last six games between the teams and in seven of the ten matches in total.
- There have been Over 2.5 Goals in 8 of the last 10 games shown above. The only games that was not the case being the two 0-0 draws.
- League Position – 5th (after 29 games)
- Points – 56
- Goals Scored – 54
- Goals Conceded – 36
- Top Goalscorer – Kai Havertz (11 goals)
- Manager – Peter Bosz
- League Position – 1st
- Points – 67 (from 29 games)
- Goals Scored – 86
- Goals Conceded – 28
- Top Goalscorer – Robert Lewandowski (29 goals)
- Manager – Hansi Muller
Bayer Leverkusen Form over last 6 Games
- V SC Freiburg (A) – W 1-0
- V Wolfsburg (H) – L 1-4
- V Borussia Moenchengladbach (A) – W 3-1
- V Werder Bremen (A) – W 4-1
- V Eintracht Frankfurt (H) – W 4-0
- V Red Bull Leipzig (A) – D 1-1
Bayern Munich Form over last 6 Games
- V Fortuna Dusseldorf (H) – W 5-0
- V Borussia Dortmund (A) – W 1-0
- V Eintracht Frankfurt (H) – W 5-2
- V Union Berlin (A) – W 2-0
- V Augsburg (H) – W 2-0
- V Hoffenheim (A) – W 6-0
*Bayern have won 18 of their last 19 games in all competitions, their only draw was against Red Bull Leipzig in that period.
Bayer Leverkusen could have Kevin Volland back from injury for this game, although the striker is most likely to start from the bench as he did last weekend. Volland has been missed in attack for Leverkusen with manager Peter Bosz pushing Kai Havertz into a more forward role. The midfielder has scored 11 goals in his last 16 games for Leverkusen but he does tend to play a more withdrawn striker role.
Bayer Leverkusen Possible XI – (3-4-3) – Hradecky, Tah, Bender.S, Dragovic, Amiri, Sinkgraven, Aranguiz, Baumgartlinger, Haverts, Wirtz, Bailey.
Bayern Munich will be without Coutinho, Sule and possibly Lucas Hernandez for this game, but Thiago is set to return after missing the last three games, which could see Goretzka dropping to the bench if Hansi Muller decides to play the fit again midfielder.
Bayern Munich Possible XI – (4-2-3-1) – Neuer, Pavard, Davies, Alaba, Boateng, Kimmich, Thiago, Gnabry, Konan, Muller, Lewandowski.
What are our Tips for Bayer Leverkusen v Bayern Munich?
- Match Result – Bayern Munich to win – 4/9
As impressive as Leverkusen’s victory in Munich was, I cannot see them repeating the feat against a Bayern side that just look unstoppable at the moment. The momentum that Hansi Flick’s team have is seeing them sweep opponents aside, dig out results, or just cruise to victory in their games. Leverkusen will be a threat and will score a goal I feel, but I think Bayern will once again prove their quality to earn a decent win.
- Correct Score – Bayern Munich to win 3-1 – 10/1
Having said that I feel Bayern will win the game, the question is by what score and while I can see Leverkusen finding the net, I feel Bayern will score three in return to land the victory.
- Anytime Goalscorer – Serge Gnabry (Bayern Munich) – 21/20
With Lewandowski such a short price to score anytime, my money is going on the flying ex-Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry to get the job done for Bayern here. He has not scored for a little while and I think he is overdue a goal.