It may not be up there with soccer or horse racing as one of the biggest sports to bet on, but in the glut of sports that comes after the big two, golf is certainly up there with the best of them. With an extra specially long season, which will feature seven majors in total after the postponements from earlier in the year, you can also expect there to be plenty of interest in the events both on the US PGA Tour and the European Tour this season.
That is why the latest bet365 feature is so perfectly timed, as It is a live golf tracker service, that activates once a tournament is in progress, and which offers players a whole host of data on the event itself, right down to the position of their shot on the course, their current lie and even how far they have to go to reach the green!
If you would like to try out the bet365 Live Golf Tracker for yourself, but you are not yet a member of the site, then check out the current bet365 Sport New Customer Bonus available right now and in addition to gaining access to the fantastic new Golf Tracking system, you will also be able to earn yourself up to £100 in bet credits once you start betting on the site.
Bet365 Sport Open Account Offer
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365.
Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Not only that but you will also be able to access all the other bet365 sites from a single log in, including a trio of casino sites, a bingo site and bet365 Poker too. Your membership of bet365 Sport will also give you access to a host of different promotions available across the year, Virtual Sports betting plus In Play betting and a Free Live Streaming service (if you have a credit balance, or have placed a bet inside the preceding 24-hours)
If you live in a part of the world where bet365 Sport is not available at the moment, such as the United States, and you live in a state where you can legally bet on sports, then there may be some alternatives available to you. You can check out the number of options available in Pennsylvania at www.Hoosierstatesportsbooks.com, with a good option there being the latest BetRivers Promo Code offer on the popular BetRivers Casino and Sportsbook site.
BetRivers also offers a chance for punters to bet in Indiana too and you can enjoy betting here by using the specialist BetRivers Affiliate Code “HOOSIERBONUS” when you sign up on the site to claim another good value deal.
Finally, in states like Nevada and New Jersey another option is the popular DraftKings Online Sportsbook which offers a wide range of different betting options, including golf, as well as an excellent starter bonus.
Before we take a look at how we can use the new bet365 Live Golf Tracker to help inform your golf bets more positively, let’s first learn a little more about some of the features of this popular new addition to the bet365 site.
What are the main features of bet365’s Live Golf Tracker?
There is no doubt that the new service from bet365 for golf punters is designed to appeal to those that actively involved themselves in In Play betting while tournament rounds are in play. That said, the fact that the app also records (and allows you to retrieve data) from any shot, in any round by any player does mean that the app can also be used by punters who prefer more traditional forms of golf betting too.
Alongside the real-time data, which we will identify below, one of the main features of the app is how often it will be available. Bet365 have announced that it will be in action for 80 tournaments across the season on the US PGA Tour and European Tour, unfortunately the Majors are not included in that group, but even so it is still a lengthy list of events, more than 1.5 per week over the course of the year.
Let’s now identify some of the data options you can find in the Live Golf Tracker.
- Real Time Data on every player, on all of their shots from all rounds that they compete in over the course of the tournament.
- This data includes information such as the length of the previous shot, the distance to the hole, the current position on the hole (shown with a hole overlay), how far they are from the green and where the shot played eventually ends up. You can even get information on the lie of a player (whether they are on the fairway, rough, bunker etc)
- All courses will be displayed by graphical interpretation of each of the holes. You can zoom in on a hole to see who is playing it, where they are playing from and a host of other data about the hole and players competing there.
- At each tournament two Par 3 holes will be picked for Live Streaming on the app, with three cameras used to bring you the action throughout the day from those two holes.
- Scoring is kept simple using a colour coded system which lists under par scores in green, over par in red and par scores in white.
- Users can group together individuals or groups using a simple search tool and ensure that their favourite players information is always presented foremost on the screen.
- The app tracks players scores at each hole across every round and stores them ready for recall by users if and when required.
A boon for in Play golf betting fans
There is no doubt that the new Live Golf Tracker is going to be a positive boon for golf fans, especially those that like to involve themselves in a little In Play betting from time to time. The fact that you have data available that is accurate almost to the second, makes keeping track of the action in tournaments very simple, even if the tournament is not being shown live on TV in your part of the world.
Add to that an extensive range of golf bets available at bet365 and you have everything you need to enjoy golf betting long into the future.